Cambridge Tutors College
|School Name:||Cambridge Tutors College|
|Location:||Water Tower Hill, Croydon Surrey, CRO 5SX, ,United Kingdom|
|No. of Students:||260|
|No. of Boarders:||247|
Water Tower Hill, Croydon, Surrey,CR0 5SX, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 20 8688 5284
- Cambridge Tutors College (CTC) is an international college that prepares young people for entry into prestigious universities, such as Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College, UCL and the London School of Economics. Set in an easily accessible location to the south of London, it offers a secure and attractive environment in which each student is encouraged to fulfi l his or her academic and personal potential.
- CTC was founded in 1958 by Roger Osborne, a graduate of Cambridge University. What began as a small tuition centre specialising in helping local boys prepare for entry into top public schools grew into one of the UK’s leading international colleges as CTC’s reputation for academic excellence spread. There are now around 25 countries represented on the student body.
- Small class sizes, careful monitoring of academic progress and weekly subject testing lie at the heart of CTC’s commitment to high academic standards. Expert guidance and support during the university application process also help to explain why so many CTC students succeed in securing places at leading universities.
- The exam results are consistently impressive. In 2012 62% of A Levels taken were awarded an A or A* grade with 52 students gaining 3 or 4 A/A* grades .5 students gained a place at an Oxbridge college.
A level Courses
- To join our A level course students who have been previously taught in the UK, or have followed a UK based curriculum will need a minimum of 5 A or B GCSE/IGCSE grades. Grade C in GCSE English is also required.
- For all other students we can accept a wide range of equivalent qualifications.
- All overseas candidates will need a reasonable level of English.
- Students coming from Non EU countries who are applying for an Adult Student Visa must take an IELTS exam.
- Students taking the IELTS exam must score at least 5.5 in the exam for Mathematics and Science based subjects and 6.0 to study anyessay based subjects such as History, Law and Economics.
- All students wishing to undertake the 18 month A level course are required to have IELTS 6.0 (or equivilent) at the start of the course.
- Students generally need to be at least 15 years old to join our GCSE course.
- Students from non-EU countries will normally be required to take an IELTS exam.
- Students taking the IELTS exam must score at least 5.0 to be accepted on the College's GCSE course.
- The College provides accommodation through its successful “Homestay” programme.
- Students live with local families who have been carefully selected by the Accommodation Officer. The College has a variety of host families available who can offer different diets and facilities.
- The welfare staff ensures that students are placed with the most suitable families for their needs based on their preferences. Students can choose whether they would like to be the only student in a home or to be placed with other CTC students.
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
|1 YEAR GCSE Course|
|£19,800 for up to 5 subjects|
|2 YEAR A Level Course (per year)|
|AS / A2 year (£19,800for up to 4 subjects)|
|18 MONTH Course (First two terms Jan 12 – June 12)|
|AS subjects (£12,100 for up to 4 subjects)|
|The second year fees for the 18 month course are the same as for the 2 year course.|
|The annual increase in fees is published in January.|
|REGISTRATION FEE (All students)|
|£250 Non Refundable|
|DEPOSIT (Overseas students only)|
|£1,000 Deducted from 1st term’s bill|
|Please contact the college accommodation office for more datailed information.|
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities