|School Name:||Eton College|
|Location:||Windsor Berkshire SL4 6DW United Kingdom|
|Religion:||Church of England|
|Motto:||Floreat Etona (Let Eton fl ourish)|
|Year Group:||Year 6 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||1300|
|No. of Boarders:||1300|
Achieve a minimum of 60% of Common Entrance Examination (UK)
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
Sport is a feature of Eton. There is an extensive network of playing fi elds.
|Director of Admissions:
Mr C.W. Miline
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 6DW, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1753 671000
- Eton has traditionally been referred to as "the chief nurse of England's statesmen" and has been described as the most famous public school in the world.
- The Independent Schools Inspectorate's latest report says, "Eton College provides an exceptionally good quality of education for all its pupils. They achieve high academic standards as a result of stimulating teaching, challenging expectations and fi rst-class resources."
- Almost all the school's pupils go on to universities, about a third of them to Oxford or Cambridge.
- In 2010, 37 applicants from Eton alone were accepted by Oxford.
- The Good Schools Guide called the school "the number one boys' public school," adding, "The teaching and facilities are second to none."
- Almost all boys now take the School's preassessment at age 11 (the registration deadline is 10 years and 6 months), which involves a reasoning test, an interview and a school report. Conditional places are offered for entry at 13, subject to qualifi cation through Common Entrance (UK) or our King’s Scholarship examination. There are also music scholarships. Entry can be gained through those scholarships in Year 8 without an earlier conditional place.
- Eton College provides a full boarding education for about 1,300 boys aged 13–18, with balanced emphases on high academic standards, strong pastoral support and liberal choice within a wide range of high-quality sporting and cultural activities.
- Core Subjects at GCSE: Classics, Criticial Thinking, Design & Technology, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, Physical Education, Religion and Theology, Science
GCE AL Subject Choice
Classics, Criticial Thinking, Design & Technology, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, Physical Education, Religion and Theology, Science
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities